January 1, 2009

Ficus and Garden Update













My ficus has been infected with the whitefly for some time now. I'm not sure if because the weather has cooled somewhat (Don't laugh!) but they seemed to have slowed down on the destruction of my beloved ficus hedge. I refuse to spend thousands of dollars to buy treatment for it, although I know to put up a fence would be probably be triple that. Can't somebody smart find a solution to this?

Before I ruptured a disk in my back, I decided to take out the garden in the back of my yard( A wise move in hindsight). It became too much work, especially the weeding aspect of it. I could never catch up. I am going to container garden now and have bought a couple of books on the subject. I'll probably start a container garden after football season is over.

No comments: