January 13, 2009

X Saves the World By Jeff Gordinier

I love reading books about Generation X . My people. My crew of knuckleheads who I grew up with and shaped my life. X Saves the World is sort of like a therapy book for us Generation Xers. Silly mantras like "Our time is still to come!" or "We've accomplished so much already" permeates this entire book. Its fun and all, but somewhat depressing. Why do Xers continue to try to compete with or capture a time long ago that will never exist again? Its a losing battle from the get go. The Beatles are never going to be topped!!!! Lets just admit it and move on. Our closest thing to the Beatles was Nirvana. I'm happy with that. I'll take IT. Nirvana stands miles above any of the music today. Music today is garbage. I mean, there is good stuff out there but you have to hunt for IT. Back then, IT came to you........ An easy entertaining read, nothing more. Paul Rating:C.

No comments: