January 28, 2009

Cool, but isn't education a little more important? Not Really.

I'm not going to get hysterical about the new Marlin Stadium. We're talking about Miami-Dade County here, so trying to think logically about what they should do will get you nowhere. Just accept and move on, shrug your shoulders and move to Broward. What else can you say???? Sure they should put it towards education, sure they should put it in transportation, sure they should put it towards a billion other things, but that isn't their priority. The "image" of what Miami projects towards the world is their main concern(" World Class City" etc.). It's really messed up. I'm glad Ft. Lauderdale didn't pursue the Marlins. Who wants to get into business with Loria and Sampson? Well you guessed it, Miami-Dade County. Don't get me wrong, I love the Marlins and want them to stay. Indeed, I'd like thank all the poor people of Miami-Dade County for paying for it for me!
Ps. I'm not going to park in anyones yard! 6000 parking spaces for 37,000 people? You've got to be kidding me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah shut up! Build me my stadium!!!