June 14, 2008

Summer is here-- Royal Poinciana



I'm one of those people who love (most of the time) summer in South Florida.The tourists are gone, school is out, traffic is not as bad.... I know it's hot....but I lived here my entire life and I can handle it. I love the sky in summer. The chaos of it. The colors. The boomer clouds. The cooling afternoon showers. One of the signs I know summer is here is when the Royal Poincianas are in bloom. Especially in the older neighborhoods where they are really tall and spread out. It's the most beautiful color orange imaginable. They are really messy though, and bare in winter. The saying is to give a royal poinciana to a neighbor so you can enjoy it from afar, but my theory is I should plant it, so You can enjoy it from afar. Now that's gardening!!!!!

No comments: