June 25, 2008

Sailor Jerry



Although I have a beer fridge, my drink of choice is Rum. Rum and diet and only a lime when I'm feeling nautical. I used to be strictly a Captain Morgan person, but after a few months of sampling different Rums a couple of years ago, I found my Holy Grail of Rums. Sailor Jerry . It's 92 proof, almost twice as strong as Captain and better tasting. A hint of cherry too! Absolutely delicious. You might have some problems finding it though and prices vary from store to store. One store I went into had it for $45 dollars. At my liquor store, Plantation Wine and Liquors, you can pick it up for $23. Once you taste this Rum, as they say, there is no going back. If you are a Rum person and would like to do some reading on the history of Rum, I recommend you pick up the book "and a bottle of Rum.....A history of the New World in Ten Cocktails" by Wayne Curtis. In short, it's about Rum and how it helped shape American History, from grog to the mojito.Its a very good read. Cheers!

No comments: